- Real Estate Financing
- D&O Insurance
- Corporate Law
- Liability of Managing Directors and Supervisory Board Members
- Mezzanine Financing
- Commercial Law
- Contract Law
- Complex Litigation
Johannes Ristelhuber completed his studies and legal clerkship in Cologne, Aix/Marseille and London. Prior to his studies, he completed an apprenticeship as an insurance clerk at the Gerling Group.
In 1995, he began his career as a lawyer, initially exclusively as a litigator at the Cologne Higher Regional Court. In 2001 he joined CBH in Cologne as a partner.
Johannes Ristelhuber advises companies, board members, managing directors and supervisory board members on all questions of directors’ liability and corporate organisation law.
He is also a qualified litigator and has many years of experience in representing clients before the regional and higher regional courts in Germany. As a litigation attorney, Johannes Ristelhuber is also the right contact for post-merger and shareholder disputes as well as selected questions of commercial law. In addition, he advises creditors and debtors in procedural disputes with insolvency administrators, including in rescission proceedings. Finally, he has experience as a party representative in national (DIS, ad hoc) and international (ICC) arbitration proceedings.
Johannes Ristelhuber comments in the Frankfurt Commentary on the Insolvency Code on, among other things, the chapter on the liability of managing directors, board members and supervisory boards. In addition, he has authored numerous publications and regularly gives lectures both in-house and in independent advanced training courses.
The JUVE handbook identifies Johannes Ristelhuber as a frequently recommended lawyer in company law.
- Wimmer, Frankfurter Kommentar zur Insolvenzordnung, Abschnitte „Organhaftung“ und „Sanierende Unternehmensübertragung“
- Handbuch des Fachanwalts für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht, Abschnitte „Organhaftung“, „Umgang mit notleidenden Kreditforderungen“ und „Verwertung von Mobiliarsicherheiten“
- Assies, Ristelhuber,Weis, Die Kundeninsolvenz in der Bankpraxis
- Direktvergaben an kommunale Aktiengesellschaften, Vergaberecht 2018, 99
- Die Entlastung der Geschäftsführer in der GmbH & Co. KG, GWR 2016, 247
- Information und Verschwiegenheit kommunaler Aufsichtsräte, NWVBl. 2016, 359
- Der Schiedsspruch im Insolvenzverfahren, ZInsO 2004, 427
- Sanierende Unternehmensübertragung und Fusionskontrolle, ZIP 2003, 369
- Die Verwertung von Grundbesitz im Insolvenzverfahren, ZInsO 2002, 864